Providing You With The Proper Insect Treatment
Prep Lists You Need
We can be sure your home is ready for any extermination or bed bug treatment with our specific preparation lists. Eagle Pest Control & Tree Service is proud to serve Anchorage, Eagle River, Mat-Su Valley, and Kenai, AK.
Prep-List Temp-Air Treatment
If necessary, secure a parking space for the power source trailer close to the treatment area.
Some may be placed in the bathroom or refrigerator but must be removed from the treatment area.
- All aerosol cans and any compressed gases
- Remove people and pets (including fish, birds, lizards, dogs, cats, pet rodents, etc.)
- Alcohol (of any kind), lighter fluid, and flammable or combustible chemical compounds – lighters, butane, propane refills, fireplace logs, oil, grease
- Gunpowder and all bullets, gun cleaning compounds, rags, and polishing items
- Batteries for camcorders
- Records (the old-style LP’s or 45’s, and for that matter, 78’s)
- All Medications and vitamins (they need to be placed in the refrigerator or bathroom)
- Indoor plants, including seeds and bulbs
- Candles, wax, lipstick, cosmetics, crayons; pictures may stay but should be placed on the floor; oil paintings should be removed.
- Chocolates, candy, carbonated beverages
- Crafts assembled with hot melt glue (native arts, school projects), picture frames, priceless art objects, thermal paper (register tape, thermal fax paper, carbonless duplicate forms)
Please also note the following:
- Instruments may be de-tuned by the heat. It is your responsibility to have these instruments re-tuned.
- Unplug all electronics (computers, televisions, clocks, phones, stereos, microwaves, coffee pots, lamps)
- Paper documents should be adequately stowed so as not to blow around the room because fans will be operating to help move the heat around the room.
- Shut off all smoke detectors and security alarm systems, and notify the Security Company of the scheduled activity.
If you have anything you are not sure about, please ASK (anchor to contact form).
If you have anything you are not sure about, please ASK.
Prep-List Carpenter Ants
- Please have the weeds and lawn weed-whacked at least 12 inches from all structures being treated.
- Please move everything away from all structures being treated (if possible).
- Close windows during treatment.
Prep-List Aprehend™ Treatment
For best results, follow the preparation instructions below. More time spent on proper preparation will be rewarded with faster results.
- Remove all sheets, covers, dust ruffles, comforters, pillows, or any other bedding covers from your mattress and box spring in all bedrooms. Wash all bed linens in the hottest water possible, and then run through a hot dryer cycle for a minimum of 40 minutes.
- On floors and hanging over chairs, all clothes should be picked up and washed as above, placed in a large garbage bag sealed at the top until the treatment has been completed.
- De-clutter – this will assist in removing potential bed bug harborages. Check items for signs of infestation. Cardboard is a favored harborage for bed bugs, so dispose of any unwanted packaging materials to remove these harborage sites from your home.
- Do not re-arrange furniture other than moving items three feet away from the walls. It is unnecessary to remove clean clothing items from drawers or cupboards unless they are heavily infested (visible bed bugs).
- Keep beds pulled out from the wall until bed bugs have been eradicated. All other furniture items can be returned to their original position after treatment.
- Cabin beds/beds with built-in storage: Remove all clothing items from these storage areas and launder and dry at high heat. You can replace items after treatment.
- Vacuum baseboards to remove dust build-up from these areas. Remove the vacuum cleaner bag or contents of the canister, place it in a plastic bag, and dispose of it in the trash can outside your apartment/home.
- To give the treatment time to work, do not clean or remove the spray barriers applied. In most cases, we will have applied barriers in areas that are generally not accessed, but if we suspected the infestation behind baseboards or electrical outlets. For example, we will have applied a spray barrier on the wall above or around these installations, respectively. Under certain lighting conditions, these barriers may be visible. Leave these in place until you are sure that the infestation has been eradicated. If left undisturbed, the barrier will remain active for up to 3 months but can be easily removed with detergent and water or disposable disinfectant wipes when required.
- Please allow 3 to 4 weeks after the treatment to be completely effective. Bed bugs may not leave their harborages for several days after treatment, and nymphs hatching from eggs will not be affected until they cross a spray barrier. However, all bed bugs will die within 3-7 days after crossing a treated surface.
See aprehend.com for video guidance on preparing your home for treatment with Aprehend.
Prep-List Cockroach Treatment
Prior to Treatment
Please review the following instructions for the kitchen and bathroom.
- All cupboards and drawers need to be EMPTY of EVERYTHING! Dishes, plates, glasses, and all food must be taken out and under the sink. (Do not place on counters)
- Everything needs to be removed from above the refrigerator, stove, and cabinets.
- Bathroom: Everything needs to be removed from under the sink and out of the drawers.
People must leave for 4 hours. Please ask in regards to pets.
After the treatment has been completed, you can help by keeping all food debris cleaned up. This will help the cockroaches to eat the baits we will place (second treatment).
Additional tips for after treatment:
- Wash counters with soap and water
- Wash dishes after meals (it’s a pain, sorry!)
- Clean counters often
- Remove trash nightly
- Never let trash pile up next to the garbage can!
Prep-List K-9 Search for Bed Bugs
- Eagle Pest Control & Tree Service will survey the areas to be inspected and provide the client with an estimate of service time. The owner has the right to stop the search at any time. (Hourly charge applies; we do not prorate.)
- The canine inspection team will consist of a K-9 Team and a visual inspector.
- We will inspect and mark each room and areas of alert. We will perform visual inspections. The number of visual inspections depends on the location, the number of alerts, and the places the dog alerts on. (Note: It is not possible to visually verify the existence of all bed bugs due to size and location.)
- All pets must be removed to an area not involved in the inspection.
- Pet food and water MUST be removed.
- No food or drinks should be left on the floor, tables, or furniture.
- You must remove all potpourri, deodorizers, air fresheners, etc., at least two hours before the inspection.
- Carpet deodorizers can significantly affect the outcome of the inspection. Please vacuum any deodorizers at least 24 hours before the inspection.
- All windows and doors must be closed at least two hours before the inspection.
- Heaters, air conditioners, ceiling fans, etc., need to be turned off at least 30 minutes before our arrival.
- All rooms must have as much clutter removed as possible.
- Distractions can affect the dogs’ performance. Therefore, we ask that all noise and human interactions be kept minimum. We encourage owner observation, but please leave the inspection to us.
- NO SMOKING at least 3 hours before our arrival or at any time during our visit.
- For the health and safety of the dog and the accuracy of the inspection, no inspection can take place within 45 days of any chemical treatment.
* Failure to follow the above guidelines can significantly alter the outcome of your inspection.
* Eagle Pest Control & Tree Service reserves the right to refuse to search any area if any of the above steps are not taken.
* Eagle Pest Control & Tree Service will not search any area that jeopardizes the safety of its staff or K9.
* Additional fees may apply if a re-inspection is necessary due to non-compliance with the above checklist.
Eagle Pest Control & Tree Service
Monday - Sunday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Get In Touch
Eagle River: 907-696-1230
Mat-Su Valley: 907-863-1234
Listen To Our Jingle